Plan Your Catholic Ceremony
Sadly, some couples assume that the church part of the day will be simple compared to planning the reception, just order some flowers and show up with a smile.
Surprisingly, few realize that they will be the ministers of their ceremony and will have opportunities for personal choices to make it their own.
Because our Catholic Church does not sit on the shifting sands of current trends, there are specific requirements, traditions and etiquette policies that must be followed.
We can help you sort it all out!
1) STRESS FREE CEREMONY PLANNING For some couples the planning and preparation of your Catholic Wedding Ceremony may appear to be a stressful, overwhelming and perhaps somewhat of a mysterious challenge.
2) CATHOLICS DON'T GET MARRIED AT THE BEACH! CatholicBrides.com receives e-mails from couples across North America. One of your most frequently asked questions is - Where can a Catholic Ceremony be held?
3) WHICH RITE IS RIGHT FOR US? Will you be exchanging your vows During Mass or Outside of Mass? Both of these ceremonies are included in "The Rite of Marriage", but which one is best for your personal circumstances.
4) THE RITE FOR CELEBRATING MARRIAGE DURING MASS This Rite of the Roman Catholic wedding ceremony is situated within a Mass and is traditionally chosen when two baptized Catholics marry.
5) THE RITE FOR CELEBRATING MARRIAGE OUTSIDE OF MASS This Rite of celebrating marriage in the Roman Catholic Church consists of a Liturgy of the Word. The Mass is not celebrated within this Rite, as a result the Liturgy of the Eucharist will not be included.
6) THE RITE FOR CELEBRATING MARRIAGE BETWEEN A CATHOLIC AND AN UNBAPTIZED PERSON The Catholic Church always strives to respect the religious background of the non- Catholic or non- Christian partner and his/her family.
7) PERSONALIZING YOUR CATHOLIC WEDDING CEREMONY Couples planning their wedding usually see this occasion as their first opportunity to express their personal style by making their ceremony, uniquely their own.
8) YOUR CEREMONY PLANNER The planning of your Catholic wedding ceremony requires the same amount of attention to detail as your reception. We provide the ultimate ceremony planner needed to arrange your Catholic wedding ceremony.
9) SELECTING YOUR WEDDING PARTICIPANTS Your Catholic wedding ceremony can involve more than just your wedding party. So if you have numerous friends and family that want to be involved, check this section out!
11) GUIDE TO PLANNING YOUR WEDDING MUSIC Music will play an intricate part in the planning or your wedding ceremony. We have listed the areas where this will apply.
12) DO I NEED A WEDDING PROGRAM? Years down the road when your celebrating your 25th anniversary only a few precious mementos will be left, your wedding rings, your photographs, your wedding dress and your wedding programs.
13) INCLUDING A THANK YOU MESSAGE IN YOUR WEDDING PROGRAM Including a thank-you message in your wedding program is entirely your choice, but by including personal touches, such as a thank-you, your program will become so much more than just a simple list of people and events.
14) WEDDING CUSTOMS, TRADITIONS AND SUPERSTITIONS Throughout the ages, the marriage ceremony has always been a fertile bed for the seeds of superstition and changing customs. These seeds still thrive among many faith based traditions.