Help For Your Engagement
Your engagement period is an exciting time of expectation and preparation
for your “big day”
Our Catholic Church knows it is also an important time for building a strong foundation for your future marriage and is prepared to help you.
Find out about the church’s highly acclaimed marriage preparation classes and read through some of our informative articles.
1) OUR BOOK DIRECTORY FOR CATHOLIC COUPLES The internet is great, but it doesn't beat snuggling up with your honey while discussing a good book. We have assembled a directory of additional information for couples planning their Catholic wedding ceremony and their future married life.
3) GET THE MOST FROM YOUR ENGAGEMENT Upon your engagement, you entered into the deepest part of your courtship along with a new period of discovery. Your engagement period can become a gateway into the deepest, most emotionally intimate time in your courtship.
4) WHAT IS MARRIAGE PREPARATION? The Catholic Church desires to help you achieve contentment and longevity in your marriage and it is ready to help prepare you for this lifelong journey. Your wedding is one day. Your marriage is a lifetime.
5) ON-LINE MARRIAGE PREPARATION COURSES These courses are an example of how our Catholic faith community is ready to greet and guide you at the door of marriage, no matter what your circumstances may be.
6) INTERFAITH MARRIAGES There was a time, if not during your parent's era then certainly during your Grandparent's era, when the marriage of a Catholic to a non- Catholic, although not disallowed, would have been discouraged.
7) ARE YOU LIVING TOGETHER? Some couples are hesitant to reveal their current living situation when meeting with their officiate, not realizing that the Church would like to help them in a non judgmental way.